Ever since I started web development, I have never stopped learning and have loved every second of it. It is such an evolving field with such a large community. There is so much satisfaction in having an idea and creating it to see it come to life. The problem solving that is required is also a welcomed challenge, making the process that much more satisfying in the end.
I seek places where I can continue to learn and grow and where people are just as passionate about their work as much as I am. Working at a place where I can help other people or businesses by providing them with the website and tools they need is my ideal fit. All of my past jobs have focused on that key goal: helping others. Continuing a career with this goal in mind is very important to me.
USD 437 Staff Website
Completed onAugust 2018
The USD 437 Staff Website is built to provide staff with forms, tools, and information related to work at USD 437. This site includes a complex security system allowing users to sign in via LDAP and/or from a database with fine control over manipulating the 50+ entities and content across the website. It includes several features including logging, notifications, alerts, forms, feedback, classified ads, polls, quizzes, and newsletters.
I am the sole developer and designer of this website building it from the ground up utilizing Symfony, Bootstrap, webpack, Git, and several other modern tools.
Completed onApril 2016
One KU is a University of Kansas student senate coalition that ran in the 2016 elections. This website explained the coalition's mission and platforms and provided a list/gallery of each candidate. The website also provided a convenient place to vote on the days of the election.
I was the sole developer on this website working with a designer. I wrote the HTML, CSS, and JS based off the design while working with PHP/Symfony on the backend.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437
- July 2016 -Present
- Maintain and develop staff and public websites prioritizing accessibility and uniformity across devices.
- Facilitate meetings with staff to continually improve and provide helpful and engaging content for teachers, students, parents, and members of the community.
- Promptly respond to users’ requests for updating content and troubleshooting.
Lonnie Q's BBQ
- May 2011 -March 2018
- Develop and maintain website utilizing the latest web standards and practices.
- Serve customers and respond to their needs through personal, email, and social media interaction.
- Prepare restaurant to ensure a pleasant experience for customers and facilitate a positive environment.